There is an option to disable coupon as per product and exclude category to use that coupon but here we discuss how we can disable all code at a time as per product category. Lets we have 100 coupon code in our store now we want to run some special type product like gift voucher or some special deal like BOGO or BUY ONE GET ONE FREE this kind of product and we don’t want to allow any coupon for this kind of sale , don’t worry this is the topic where you can easily manage it.
Why Exclude Products category From Coupons?
Apply Coupon is a common marketing strategy used by many WooCommerce stores to boost their sales. Finding the right harmony between more sales and profits per sale isn’t always easy. Probably the most ideal way to do that is to keep up with specific items discount-free. For example, you may not want to apply a discount to a bundled products that already has a discount applied to it. Similarly, you may end up losing money if customers use a discount on products that already have thin margins.
How to exclude a WooCommerce product category from all Coupons?
There are 2 way to do it :
- With the default WooCommerce options
- By custom coding, just like custom plugin
1) Exclude WooCommerce Product Category From Coupons using Default WooCommerce Options
This is the default option. To apply this option you need to go any coupon edit option > uses restriction > exclude categories .
2) Exclude WooCommerce Product Category from Coupons Programmatically
This is the custom method you can disable all coupon at a time for a product category . 1st process is individual process so you need to open every coupon and separately exclude the category so if you have 100 coupon in your store then you have to do it 100 times but from this method you can do it by one time.
After activating this plugin your woocommerce store has an option in woocommerce settings panel called Disable Coupon. Woocommerce > Settings > Disable Coupon tab
Here is the steps
- Upload the plugin and activate it
- Go to woocommerce settings tab
- Go Disable Coupon option
- Set your product category where you don’t allow any coupon
- You can select multiple category with coma separation
- You need to put the category slug name
- Click on save changes to save the settings
- Check front end by adding a product to cart from the category which is set in your admin panel
If you have any questions regarding any of these steps, let us know in the comments section below and we’ll do our best to help you.
If you need any custom woocommerce plugin development or any woocommerce customization please contact me. I’ll be happy to help you.